From: Medical Libraries Discussion List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Majid Anwar
Sent: Tuesday, March 31, 2015 5:44 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: "5 Years Rule" - Articles Use in Writing

I have a question ? Or more.  Can anyone please explain the 5 year rule - in reference to scholarly peer reviewed journal articles? I am not referring to the historical or classical works but rather the 5 year or less for articles and books?
Is this not a customary practice in nursing/medical/ or other health related writing? Do other universities not place limits on dates?  Do other disciplines abide by the 5 year or less rule? Thanks for answering my questions. It would be even better if there is an article/document to backup this rule.

Thank you.

Majid

Majid Anwar, M.L.I.S.
Reference/ Academic Support Services Librarian Liaison to the College of Nursing & College of Optometry Health Professions Division Library Nova Southeastern University
3200 S. University Dr.
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33328
*Phone: (954) 262-3107
* email: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

[HPD Library NEW Logo 2]