I have not been having any trouble using the Tasks+Cal app on the iPhone
to sync my calendar.

How old is the OS on your Android?  When did this last work for you?  I
have not changed anything in the Calendar configuration in ages.  The
last change and reboot was on Sunday March 15th when I installed some OS
security patches and rebooted the server.

-Frank