All,

(I imagine as soon as I send this someone will tell me that there’s a much easier way to do this, built right into the byzantine array of SBAC tools.)

The default report that SBAC generates does not make it easy to see which tests students have not yet completed.  E.g., see this sheet.

I’ve created an SBAC Status Google Sheet that creates a summary that looks like this, which I think is a little more friendly.  Any cell that is blank indicates that the test at the top of that column has not been completed.  The dates are the dates of completion.

It takes a little time to get the sheets set up, but once they are, it takes just a few minutes each day to update the Summary sheet to display who has not completed a test.  And of course, you can share the sheet (view only) with your teachers so they can easily check their class’s status.

We’ve tested this for a little over a week and it seems to work reliably, so feel free to make a copy.

There is a sheet labeled Directions that tells you step-by-step what to do.

If you find any errors or ways to make it simpler, please let me know!

Loving life in the SBAC Universe!

Steve

If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, found online at http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html, or at any USDA office, or call (866) 632-9992 to request the form. You may also write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form. Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, DC 20250-9410, by fax (202) 690-7442 or email at [log in to unmask] Revised by mandate of the USDA dated March 24th, 2014.
  ­­