Our students have found a way to bypass our content filter to get to facebook (or any blocked https sites).   Just by hitting refresh a lot at the SSL error screen.

I have a ticket out to ENA (who is our ISP and content filter), but I am wondering if the issue is also present on other Content filters.

On a Chromebook, Chrome mobile, or Chrome Browser.    We have https://www.facebook.com blocked. because it is secure, we don't get a blocked screen but just an SSL error ("Webpage not availible").     If your content filter handles https filtering in the same way could you please test.

Using Chrome (others don't seem to have the issue), go to https://www.facebook.com and get to the ssl error screen, then just hit refresh a lot of times.

Here is a video I made of me bypassing our content filter:
https://docs.google.com/a/arsu.org/file/d/0B3Q7SpwUoM8oMHFyZ2dRLXVnd2s/edit?usp=drivesdk
Bjorn Behrendt M.Ed ~ Never Stop Learning
   [log in to unmask] | (802) 772-0003
   Blog: Edlisten.com