From: School Information Technology Discussion [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Raymond Mann
Sent: Thursday, April 02, 2015 10:24 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: SBAC Student record keeps disappearing

George,

Wow.  If that is the case, this is a big issue.  It sounds exactly like what is happening here.  I will pass this along to our teams and see if we can confirm any other cases.  Has there been a ticket opened with the SBAC Help Desk?

Ray Mann

SBSD District Data Manager

550 Dorset St.

S. Burlington, VT 05403

(802) 652-7254

From: School Information Technology Discussion [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of George Martin

Yes, we've had this happen at CSSU several times (and we know that the student was in the system because they logged in and used the system).  No one (me) has deleted the students and the state/AIR was unable to confirm what happened with them.

Yesterday afternoon we had someone enter the wrong SSID number at their district causing a student to be removed from our TIDE system.  I contacted the state and they were able to see that, in fact, another district entered the student...I confirmed we had the correct SSID and re-entered the student in our system.  I also communicated this to the other district so they could request the correct SSID.  This was the first time we were able to confirm that the student was entered elsewhere.  I hope that they build in some sort of approval process in relation to entering students...this would help alleviate these problems.

Thanks,

George

George Martin
CSSU Data Manager
Chittenden South Supervisory Union

If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, found online at http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html, or at any USDA office, or call (866) 632-9992 to request the form. You may also write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form. Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, DC 20250-9410, by fax (202) 690-7442 or email at [log in to unmask]. Revised by mandate of the USDA dated March 24th, 2014.
  ­­