The last touring day had come.  There was a Nor'Incher in the alpine which was to be our biggest "dump" of the week.  In the hut, I mentioned that I was bummed that it was coming to an end and Nate though the course should be longer and Instructor Mike P suggested it be 20 or 40 days long and include an expedition component.  Yes, we coulda' skied for an eternity.....even with lousy conditions.
Up to 12,300 feet we went and a weather window happened.  Snowboarded Jason led us down a moderately steep couloir which was dust on hardpack.  My skis made a curious chatter and I was patient with them.  We did more tech work and beacon work.  Then it was over.  We then ran up a huge bill by 9pm at the Ouray Brewery Company.
The next day was wrap-up and 1-on-1 review.  In the wrap-up, I mentioned that one of the best parts of the 12 day course was the team that was put together and I wondered what the vetting process was (perhaps it was all coincidental).  I mentioned how blown away I was about how spectacular the San Juan Mountains are to which locals Gary and Nate blurted out "SHHHHHH!!".  Then it was Mia's turn to voice her wrap-up and she touched me by saying how my "Hop In The Glop" rants would be something she'd never forget and use in her instructing - she's a 5 star PSIA Vail Instructress!  Then she mentioned the big problem....."look at me" she howled, "I'm the only female here......WHERE ARE THE CHICKS!  THIS COURSE NEEDS MORE CHICKS!"
OK, which of you chicks reading this is gonna' step up and get their Level 2?  That's a start.  It's fun, too!
Later, it was my time for my oral evaluation.  I had my tail between my legs and I mentioned that every day, I felt like I fell way short of what I could possibly do to which the Instructors told me that's the way they feel every day out.  I got some very frank constructive criticisms and some of that and some my subsequent written evaluation was tough to swallow......but I passed!
Hey, I also had the time of my life.......even with lousy conditions!  It's amazing what you can do with passionate partners and taking a sporting attitude towards the scene. Mark P. Renson