Its a diurnal moth.  White-striped black (Trichodezia albovittata)
Kent

On Wednesday, May 27, 2015, Teage O'Connor <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
This is probably not that big of a mystery to most on this list, but I have an ID question. I see this little guy all the time in the woods and on edges with regularity. It's usually incredibly energetic and somewhat skittish, so I haven't been able to get a good photo of it until now. If anyone could help me figure it out, that'd be great. Thanks!

Here's the photo.

Teage O'Connor
Naturalist Educator
(802) 557-7127