I received the following question yesterday.  We are not having any luck without access to ASTD or the Bersin Corporate Factbook.  Is there anyone that has access to these resources or something similar that has a reliable benchmark for the Number of Educators per Employee?

Reference Question:
I am trying to benchmark how many educators per employee there should be for a health system. I am not having a lot of luck. ASTD has a 2014 State of the Industry report but they want $499 for it -
Can you help me? I have some sources that are all over the place: 1 educator for every 50 nurses or 1 educator for every 66 employees or 1 educator for every 112 employees. I hoped we might be able to find a 'rule of thumb'.

Cassandra Moore, MLS
Health Sciences Library
Riverside Regional Medical Center
310 Main Street
Newport News, VA 23601
Phone: (757) 240-2404/2400  Fax: (757) 240-2403

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.