On 6/22/2015 4:40 PM, Helen Read wrote:
> The "Learn More" page
> https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/thunderbird-calendar-integration
> says:
>
>> There are also extensions available for enhanced Google Calendar
>> support and Microsoft Exchange among others.
>
> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/provider-for-microsoft-exchang/?src=search
>

> Will that not work when we go over to Exchange?

I guess that depends on what you mean by "Work".  The plugin that you
reference above was maintained by an individual not associated with the
Mozilla Foundation, nor with Microsoft.  Thus, you will not get any
"support" for this plugin from the Mozilla Foundation, nor from
Microsoft (who unsurprisingly discourage the use of third-party
clients).  The developer of the plugin has subsequently abandoned the
project.    It was last updated in the Thunderbird plugin library in
2012, so I think you can be pretty sure that it will not work with
Exchange 2013.

There /are /more current versions of this plugin:
https://github.com/Ericsson/exchangecalendar
BUT, they are distributed as un-compiled code.  So, you would have to
install a Javascript debugger and other Mozilla developer tools to get
the plugin compiled.  Needless to say, this is not the kind of thing we
will be able to support in "The Enterprise".  However, Higher-Eds being
what they are, there is nothing to stop you from from giving it a try.
However, I really would not recommend it. There are just too many ways
in which a poorly-behaved third party calendar client could mess up your
data.

-J. Greg Mackinnon | ETS Systems Architecture and Administration | x68251