On 6/22/2015 4:40 PM, Helen Read wrote:
[log in to unmask]" type="cite">The "Learn More" page https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/thunderbird-calendar-integration
says:

There are also extensions available for enhanced Google Calendar support and Microsoft Exchange among others.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/provider-for-microsoft-exchang/?src=search

Will that not work when we go over to Exchange?

I guess that depends on what you mean by "Work".  The plugin that you reference above was maintained by an individual not associated with the Mozilla Foundation, nor with Microsoft.  Thus, you will not get any "support" for this plugin from the Mozilla Foundation, nor from Microsoft (who unsurprisingly discourage the use of third-party clients).  The developer of the plugin has subsequently abandoned the project.    It was last updated in the Thunderbird plugin library in 2012, so I think you can be pretty sure that it will not work with Exchange 2013.

There are more current versions of this plugin:
https://github.com/Ericsson/exchangecalendar
BUT, they are distributed as un-compiled code.  So, you would have to install a Javascript debugger and other Mozilla developer tools to get the plugin compiled.  Needless to say, this is not the kind of thing we will be able to support in "The Enterprise".  However, Higher-Eds being what they are, there is nothing to stop you from from giving it a try.  However, I really would not recommend it.  There are just too many ways in which a poorly-behaved third party calendar client could mess up your data.

-J. Greg Mackinnon | ETS Systems Architecture and Administration | x68251