Yes, thank you, Don, that would apply to cloud password vaults.

And password vaults, as Greg pointed out, are not all are created equal.

Also, I agree with Sam that username/password as the only verification is not adequate control.

But security needs to be accessible to everyone not just IT people. I would hate to bash anyone for choosing LastPass as I’m sure their intent was to be more secure not less. I hope, instead, that we use opportunities like this to have conversations with our community on how to make good choices, how to evaluate both technical and non-technical options, and create an environment where the non-IT community is comfortable asking a question and getting an answer that they understand and can apply to their situation.

College of Medicine Technology Services

(802) 656-9019

Information Security Office

(802) 656-1174