Been using the free enterprise AVAST (to edu), for the past 2 years, and it has worked out great.

Bjorn Behrendt M.Ed ~ Never Stop Learning

On Fri, Jun 26, 2015 at 8:41 AM, Keith Puffer <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Hey folks.

Just started deploying my Mac image at one of my Elementary Schools this morning.  Between making the image last week and deployment this week, the developer has changed ClamXav to a paid commercial product (has been free for the past decade or so).

What AV/Malware software do you use on Macs that is free, lightweight and can work without user involvement?

Our SU is moving towards a Sophos UTM solution to be deployed/installed later this summer, however, if for some reason there are obstacles or delays, I am wanting a per device solution...  Have seen a huge uptick in malware and AV issues on Mac the last two years...

...and no, this isn't a discussion for the benefits of one OS vs others, or network appliance vs client solution...  :)  Just looking to add AV/Malware protection on Macs running 10.9-10.10.3+ and thought I would tickle this group for their experience...

Keith

--
Keith Puffer
Technology Coordinator