To the revitalization community:

One of the key factors in making Science for the People a vibrant,
militant, and fun organization was the involvement of young persons (20s
& 30s), non-scientists, many women, and serious efforts to involve
persons from the most oppressed populations.  My lack of active
participation in the revitalization effort is a conscious decision to
keep my 85-year-old self out of the way.  But I cannot keep myself from
endorsing Sam's plea.  The revitalized SftP cannot but reflect the views
and life experiences of its members.  Please take Sam's remarks
seriously.  His has been a lonely voice on the list serve and i respect
him for hanging in; but the only way the group is going to have the more
representative population he calls for is by making it more inviting to
the under-represented.  Maybe y'all should discuss how you can do that.

While i'm at it let me add that SftP has got to be a positive org, one
that focuses primarily on promoting the use of science for the
improvement of the lives of humanity, which, as Sam points out is not in
its majority EuroAmerican.  There is certainly room for neo-luddism, but
that shouldn't be its major focus.

La lucha continua dentro de Ciencia para el Pueblo,

herb