On Fri, Jun 12, 2015 at 3:59 PM, Iski Stowe <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
On Thu, 11 Jun 2015 19:27:09 -0400, roger Klinger <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>On Thu, Jun 11, 2015 at 5:27 PM, Marc Chrusch <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
>Making it much easier to get a ski day in at Smuggs then at $towe.

Your calculation only compared at the price of a day lift tickets.  Try factoring in: time spent in the lift line and time spent on the lift.

I spent more time on liftlines on my day at Stowe with Sonya than on any day at Smuggs.  The Smuggs liftline crowd is mostly a myth.  A full corral at Sterling is 15 minutes, and there is almost never a full corral.  But I'd prefer if you don't believe me and kept spreading the myth.

In all seriousness, I think it's not important how many runs you get in a day, but how many runs are memorable. I skied 120,000 vert in 5 days at Steamboat last February, but very few of those were truly memorable runs, as I found the majority of the runs to be characterless.  I had a greater number of memorable runs on multiple days at Smuggs this year.  This brings up the question of the difference between a ski day and a truly memorable SKI DAY.   The skier having enough fun to remember the details is the one getting the best experience.  All of us here fit that bill at some point.  But I doubt you remember much about any run down Liftline, just as I remember little about any run down Black Snake.  Your getting more runs down Liftline than I did down Black Snake probably did little to  make your days more enjoyable than mine.