On Sat, 20 Jun 2015 13:56:06 -0600, Marc Chrusch <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>At 06:08 AM 6/19/2015, Jonathan Kamien wrote:
>
>>I, too, transitioned to the web reader after decades of reading the
>>digest because in line images weren't showing in my email client.
>>The web reader is nearly as convenient.
>
>If we all go to the web reader, what's the point of a listserv?
>
>May as well just create a  Facebook page and post everything there
>and call it done.
>
>I like being able to read my email when I'm disconnected from the net.
>
>-m1

Dear m1,

Just like gay marriage being legal, doesn't mean you have to marry a person of the same sex as you.
You have the options, we won't judge you because of your choice.   Live and let live.

Besides, listservers were big when the internet was slow and we all had modems.  With faster internet speeds and data plans...
many of us are rarely off the net.