On Fri, 12 Jun 2015 19:27:13 -0400, roger Klinger <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>On Fri, Jun 12, 2015 at 3:59 PM, Iski Stowe <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 11 Jun 2015 19:27:09 -0400, roger Klinger <[log in to unmask]>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >On Thu, Jun 11, 2015 at 5:27 PM, Marc Chrusch <[log in to unmask]>
>> wrote:
>> >
>> >Making it much easier to get a ski day in at Smuggs then at $towe.
>> >

>> Your calculation only compared at the price of a day lift tickets.  Try
>> factoring in: time spent in the lift line and time spent on the lift.
>

>I spent more time on liftlines on my day at Stowe with Sonya than on any
>day at Smuggs.  The Smuggs liftline crowd is mostly a myth.  A full corral
>at Sterling is 15 minutes, and there is almost never a full corral.  But
>I'd prefer if you don't believe me and kept spreading the myth.

You and Sonya were at Stowe on one of the busiest days of the year.   I remember being bummed by the length of the lines.  Scott B was timing how much time he spent in the line.  The longest line he measured was 7.5 minutes.

>In all seriousness, I think it's not important how many runs you get in a
>day, but how many runs are memorable. I skied 120,000 vert in 5 days at
>Steamboat last February, but very few of those were truly memorable runs,
>as I found the majority of the runs to be characterless.  I had a greater
>number of memorable runs on multiple days at Smuggs this year.  This brings
>up the question of the difference between a ski day and a truly memorable
>SKI DAY.   The skier having enough fun to remember the details is the one
>getting the best experience.

Fine, but I was replying to your response to M2s post

On Thu, 11 Jun 2015 19:27:09 -0400, roger Klinger <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>On Thu, Jun 11, 2015 at 5:27 PM, Marc Chrusch <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>>

>> There's even a monetary metric if one prefers: a ski day is when you do
>> enough runs to get the per run cost down to at least $10 based on the
>> walk-up ticket price.
>

>Making it much easier to get a ski day in at Smuggs then at $towe.
>

>In all seriousness, I think it's not important how many runs you get in a day, but how many runs are memorable.

"Memorable runs" is some parc you came up with after you realized you misspoke.