Firefox ESR does not have any manageability improvements over standard
Firefox.  It just introduces new features more slowly.  It is
potentially beneficial for use with line of business applications where
the more modern update cadence often breaks things.  It is a poorer
choice for use with "cloud" applications, which often make use of new
browser features.

I have been toying with using Firefox ESR in conjunction with
application virtualization technologies, but we have not considered
distributing it more widely.

I am curious to know which sites or services are driving the need for
Firefox.  Is it plugin compatibility?  Google's recent retirement of
support for NPAPI-based plugins is likely to be pretty disruptive to any
application dependent on Netscape-style plugins.

-J. Greg Mackinnon | ETS Systems Architecture and Administration | x68251