From: Technology Discussion at UVM [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Matt Brittenham-Jones
Sent: Thursday, July 2, 2015 8:20 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Exchange roll-out

This brings up a question for me around the calendar. It looks like Apple supports exchange within the Apple calendar client. is that correct?

Matt Brittenham-Jones

Information Technology

UVM Bookstore

On Jul 1, 2015, at 5:17 PM, Mike Austin <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

-will fac/staff be able to retain their current email clients after roll-out (Attrition- I have a number of people who do not use Oracle but use t'bird and are close to retirement);

Our current plan is to support imap very well, and people can continue to run clients like Thunderbird if they aren't calendar users.

Most people will find that the web interface or Outlook will provide more features, especially if they use the calendar.  But we definitely intend to allow people to continue running their current clients.