Thanks Marty & Greg!  Now that I know, I can wait for AX 7.

To answer Martyıs question:  yes I can use the browser based version, and
most of the time I do.  The only reason Iıve kept the fat client suite on my
Windows VMıs is for the Application Generator app, whose functionality I
didnıt think was available on the browser version.  And thatıs just for the
very rare need of ever having to update the application we use (though I
havenıt since we deployed it, so whatıs my worry, right?)Š

Thanks again,

--Joe.

On 7/30/15, 1:37 PM, "Technology Discussion at UVM on behalf of J. Greg
Mackinnon" <[log in to unmask] on behalf of [log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Funny, this is the second AX/Win8 question I have seen in as many days.
>
> AX 6.5 is not compatible with Windows 8/8.1 (at least, not when using an
> Oracle DB on the back end).  AX 7 is compatible with Win 8/8.1 (not sure about
> 10, though!).  Plans are underway to upgrade to AX 7.0 SP1 this fall.
>
> -J. Greg Mackinnon | ETS Systems Architecture and Administration | x68251

On 7/30/15, 1:34 PM, "Technology Discussion at UVM on behalf of Martin
McLaughlin" <[log in to unmask] on behalf of [log in to unmask]>