Hi Kamran
Thanks very much
Jonathan
On Jul 17, 2015, at 2:31 PM, Kamran Nayeri wrote:

Dear Jonathan:

Thank you very much for this insightful paper. I have reposted it on OPITW with due credit to the ISN and the author.

Warm regards,

Kamran

On Fri, Jul 17, 2015 at 9:28 AM, Jonathan Latham <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Dear Friends and Colleagues

Published today (Friday 17th July) on Independent Science News:

Title: Ruthless Power and Deleterious Politics: From DDT to Roundup
by Evaggelos Vallianatos

Synopsis: The modern controversy over Roundup (glyphosate) and the documentation of its effects on humans, animals and soils, has much in common with that over DDT fifty years ago. In particular, it recapitulates attempts to sideline critics and the ongoing delusion of control of the natural world that informs modern agricultural practices.

The author, Evaggelos Vallianatos, is a former EPA analyst.

Please enjoy and share.

Yours sincerely
Jonathan

Jonathan Latham, PhD
Executive Director
The Bioscience Resource Project
Ithaca, NY 14850 USA

“The conscious and intelligent manipulation of the organized habits and opinions of the masses is an important element in democratic society. Those who manipulate this unseen mechanism of society constitute an invisible government which is the true ruling power of our country.”—Edward Bernays, Propaganda

Jonathan Latham, PhD
Executive Director
The Bioscience Resource Project
Ithaca, NY 14850 USA