  I'm not really that deeply motivated to engage with journals or other background material especially, just occasionally moved to contribute something hopefully useful to this list. (As well as expressing some of my own views.) I appreciate your sharing the observation, however.   I presume you're familiar with the history of Novartis and their proprietary relation to DDT via Ciba-Geigy?  The web version of their "company history" doesn't mention this -- or LSD [Sandoz] -- but a big company brochure of theirs I have mentions both:  https://www.novartis.com/about-us/who-we-are/company-history  ciao.   James

Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2015 07:41:39 -0400
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Ruthless Power and Deleterious Politics: From DDT to Roundup
To: [log in to unmask]

Hi JimPerhaps you would like to make this point as a comment below the article?Its easy to log on.I will forward your point to the author but if you want readers to know, that would be the best way.Thanks very muchJonathan
On Jul 18, 2015, at 1:32 AM, Jim West wrote:Please note that EPA's Vallianatos misrepresents Morton Biskind.

Biskind's major contribution actually is -- that the great polio epidemics (post-WWII) were mainly pesticide epidemics, causation concealed by the CDC etc.

I brought Biskind, the buried, disconnected author, to the modern era with publication of my independent DDT/polio research in June 2000 issue of Townsend Letter for Doctors and Patients.

In all of Biskind's work, Vallianatos quotes the same paragraphs I have quoted in 2000, though omitting Biskind's references to polio.

ref:
http://harvoa.org/polio/overview.htm

Regards,

Jim West
NYC

Jonathan Latham, PhD
Executive DirectorThe Bioscience Resource ProjectIthaca, NY 14850 USA
www.independentsciencenews.org
and
www.bioscienceresource.org

Skype: jonathanlatham2
Tel: 1-607-319-0279
“The conscious and intelligent manipulation of the organized habits and opinions of the masses is an important element in democratic society. Those who manipulate this unseen mechanism of society constitute an invisible government which is the true ruling power of our country.”—Edward Bernays, Propaganda