Larry et al,

Attached is an alternative version based on Larry’s initial draft.  I tried to sharpen the political context and bring in the dialectical nature of science (i.e. its positive and negative uses).

I will be away on vacation until August 20 or so, and will have limited ability to interact further about this until then.

Thanks for considering my views on this.  I look forward to staying in touch.

Regards,

Frank

P.S.  I was one of the early activists in SftP, all the way back to when it was called SESPA.  I was particularly involved in actions at AAAS meetings and worked with the New York City chapter.

Frank S. Rosenthal, Ph.D.

Associate Professor of Occupational and Environmental Health Sciences

Purdue University School of Health Sciences

550 Stadium Mall Dr.

West Lafayette, IN 47907

Office:  Room 1273 Civil Engineering Building

Telephone: 765-494-0812    FAX: 765-496-1377

Email: [log in to unmask]