Yesterday in Bennington at least 3 Monarchs in a field full of 2nd growth blooming milkweed.
2 were happily engaged in mating . (See pic below).

Today in North Bennington while walking on a path next to a field I saw  a large butterfly 's outline in the glare of the sun.
Thinking Monarch I got to where I could see it clearly: Whoa! A big fresh Giant Swallowtail furiously nectaring on red clover!
First of the year here in the Banana Belt. So... did it come south from northern part of the state or... did it mosey up on southerly breezes from
perhaps Bartholomew's Cobble in South Berkshire MA where there is a colony?
Alas...no camera...so no picture.
Terri Armata -Bennington