Hey Everyone,

As I mentioned in my last email, at the meeting this Wednesday we are
really going to get cookin on our project in Nicaragua. The plan is to
form two teams, one for the grease trap, the other for the
biojardinera. If you're interested in putting in some work on either
of these two components I'd recommend you do some research before the
meeting. Here are a few articles I've been using:

http://nepis.epa.gov/Adobe/PDF/P100FS7K.pdf
- EPA Guidelines for Water Reuse

https://www.uvm.edu/~ewb/Documents/Grey%20Water%20in%20Developing%20Countries.pdf
- Grey Water On Household Level in Developing Countries

http://www.sswm.info/sites/default/files/reference_attachments/MOREL%20and%20DIENER%202006%20Greywater%20Management.pdf
-  Grey Water Management in Low and Middle Income Countries

https://books.google.com/books?id=SSsDAwAAQBAJ&pg=PA65&lpg=PA65&dq=grease+trap+design+developing+countries&source=bl&ots=QkDhaYlDAd&sig=s9IB2oz5ageR2uSGx9BJYZeYHTg&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0CB0Q6AEwAGoVChMI2Z2p6pLQyAIVhD4-Ch2RrwUj#v=onepage&q=grease%20trap%20design%20developing%20countries&f=false
  - Design WW Systems in Developing Countries

Most of these sources are very long and have over one hundred pages,
use the index and the search function to make it less overwhelming.
Also, feel free to find your own research sources. Our top priorities
right now are as follows:
- Design parameters for the biojardinera (appropriate size and
retention times for our daily Volumes (~50L/day)
- Desired effluent parameters (What do we want the chemical/biological
parameters of our water to be after      filtration)
- What type of plants should we use in our biogarden

Hopefully within the next two weeks we will have answers to these
questions and we can build a model in the greenhouse and start testing
our design. Hope to see you all at the meeting on Wednesday.

Thanks,
Sean