On Thu, 29 Oct 2015, Wesley Alan Wright wrote:

> What¢s the word amongst the Intelligentsia with respect to AppleTV vs
> AirMedia for wireless laptop-> Giant TV screen sharing?

I believe native AppleTV screen sharing/mirroring will be limited to OS X
10.7+ and iOS devices only. Windows can stream AirPlay video to an AppleTV
via iTunes for Windows, but that'll just show the iTunes content, not the
Windows desktop.

That said, there's quite a bit of AppleTV proliferation around campus
already -- there's at least 3 that I know of in Waterman alone. Network
Services did a lot of work a few years back on getting mDNS traffic to and
from wireless APs, since then I haven't heard anyone express any
network-related difficulty in setting up an AppleTV.

-JLT

Jonathan L. Trigaux
Systems Architecture & Administration
Enterprise Technology Services