Ah, that must be it. I didn't remember doing that, but turns out I had some customized font settings in Chrome on that computer (home). I'm now at my office, and my Chrome settings are (it turns out) different, and the icon text is scaling properly. Odd that those settings don't follow me around when signed into Chrome the way most of the other settings do.