From: Technology Discussion at UVM [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Chris Behr
Sent: Monday, October 19, 2015 8:55 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: An Awkward Update

Early on this morning I was interrupted by a message that the Cisco VPN Service had stopped and that I should "close all sensitive network applications". Fortunately the only thing that happened was ye olde Oracle Calendar closed when it lost it's server connection.

A new version of the Cisco AnyConnect Client is being pushed out and this kills the service whether the VPN client is in use or not.

Could this have been done differently?  - Chris