On 10/29/15 3:23 PM, Wesley Alan Wright wrote:
> Old Mac laptop via 1Gbps ethernet shows 630 down, 446 Mb up.
These numbers signify a healthy wired 1Gig connection to me.

> Yet when I use same computer to upload a 35GB file via file transfer, I get only 70 to 90 Mbps
>
> Where’s my other bits?
Interesting.  Is that Mbps or MBps?  The latter would make more sense.
I don't know exactly what protocol filetransfer uses to transfer the
file.  I'm assuming http/https and I don't know how efficient that is.
Since that server is on campus, I would expect the throughput to be very
good, provided the protocol was able to fill the pipe up fast enough.

-dan