The Center for Teaching and Learning and the Systems Architecture & Administration unit of Enterprise Technology Services  have collaborated to bring you the UVM Streaming Media Server — an all new video hosting platform and YouTube-like service. Find it at

	https://streaming.uvm.edu/

Please note that this is still ‘Beta’ software. We hope to ‘go live’ for spring 2016 semester. In the meantime, we would like to crowdsource test the system and would like your help. Please give it a try and let us know what you think at

	https://survey.uvm.edu/index.php/933611/lang-en

Fledgling documentation can be found here

	http://www.uvm.edu/ctl/?Page=resources-teaching/mediamanager/index.php

Features:

• Upload videos; title, tag and categorize
• Accepts (most) avi, mp3, mp4, flv, wmv, rm (RealMedia), mov
• Automatically transcodes to mp4 to help ensure consistent delivery across all devices
• Optionally hide from searches or require UVM login to view
• Add captions by uploading srt or vtt files
• Watch videos, search for videos, share and embed into BlackBoard and WordPress
• True streaming via Wowza Streaming Engine (http://www.wowza.com)
• Watch using ever popular JWPlayer (http://www.jwplayer.com)
• Watch and upload from you mobile device

We are positioning this to replace the now departed RealServer and QuickTime server for delivery, and the surprisingly popular “Media Manager” for media management

| Center for Teaching and Learning  __0__                             |
| Room 407 Lafayette Building      / \ | \                            |
| University of Vermont              \77                              |
| Voice: 802-656-1254                  vv                             |
| aim:goim?screenname=maddogskideath      http://www.uvm.edu/~waw/    |