Hi Emily,

Please try installing the AnyConnect client from the Software Archive site located at https://www.uvm.edu/software, and choose the “offline installer”. This method has resolved the issue for a few people who had encountered a similar issue as you are experiencing. Alternatively, you could also install the client from the Software Center portal on your system. Please let me know if this continues to be an issue for you and I will follow up with you to have it resolved. I’m sorry for the troubles with the updated client install. I’ll communicate with Network Services who manages the https://sslvpn.uvm.edu portal to investigate the installer presented from that source.

-Harjit

From: Technology Discussion at UVM [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Emily Stebbins-Wheelock
Sent: Monday, October 19, 2015 9:05 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: An Awkward Update

My computer ran some sort of update this evening before shutting down.
Now, trying to connect from home, the VPN icon in my system tray is gone, and Cisco VPN is missing from the programs on my start menu.

https://sslvpn.uvm.edu stalls out trying to find the right Java whatever...but downloading and running the installer works until I get the following error that "the specified account already exists":

Cisco VPN also doesn't show up in the Add/Remove programs list in Control Panel.
I have a Dell laptop, 64-bit, Windows 7.

Don't know if this is a fluke or related to this new client release. (I used VPN daily from home last week and all was well.)
Thanks,
Emily

Emily J. Stebbins-Wheelock
Director, Office of Operational Excellence
Division of Finance

University of Vermont
123B Waterman Building
802.656.4421