From: Technology Discussion at UVM [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Mickey Mossey
Sent: Tuesday, October 13, 2015 11:47 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Odd GPO Mapped Drives issue in Windows 10

Nothing that’s consistent.

For instance, I just logged in as me on the machine I’m building. This time our “N: drive” mapping didn’t appear and isn’t usable in explorer, but is accessible via the command prompt. It also took a few minutes for the drives to show up. There is nothing more than the informational entries in the Group Policy logs.

Sometimes, though, I get the warnings or errors that say something to the effect of “Completed Group Policy Drive Maps Extension Processing in 151735 milliseconds” (actual entry & processing time)… BUT, that never necessarily corresponds with having these issues. I went probably went a good half dozen logins before I saw the issue repeat.

This is happening with two separate GPOs, too. My main work machine uses a special GPO for our IT group and the peripheral machine I’m working on is using our general user GPO.

Mickey Mossey