Bob-

What rooms are you teaching in?  Run a speedtest on the machines in those rooms next chance you get.

Keep in mind that many locations on campus are still running on Cabletron hubs (not switches) and you’re getting 8 Mbps shared bandwidth on a good day.  Plus the ‘Trons will saturate and need

Wireless is more modern than the ‘Trons and can give you bandwidth in excess of 54 Mbps, but it is also shared and if you have a room full of students on laptops all connecting to the same WAP, things are going to slow down.

AEH