Dear Municipal Officials,

As Vermont’s Town Forest Centennial year winds down, our fall programs
are ramping up!Below please find 3 ways communities can still
participate in the town forest centennial celebration. Please forward
this email to anyone in your community who might be interested For more
information on Vermont's Town Forest Centennial Celebration go to:
http://go.uvm/100yearstownforests!

Enjoy the foliage!

Kate Forrer

*Community Conservation Summit- Celebrating 100 years of Vermont Town
Forests- **Register Now
*
<http://www.vtcommunityforestry.org/news/events/community-conservation-summit-celebrating-100-years-town-forests-vt>
Join us Saturday, November 7, 2015 at Vermont Technical College,
Randolph Center for a day-long educational and networking event for
community volunteers engaged in planning and caring for natural
resources and town forests. We will be celebrating the milestone year
for Vermont’s town forests, sharing stories and gaining new skills in
resource and people management, as well as exploring emerging issues.
Join us as we share experiences and ideas on the many issues communities
face in managing natural resource assets, from town forests to town plans!

Registration Information: This event is open to everyone.
Pre-registration is encouraged. *Register NOW*
<http://www.vtcommunityforestry.org/news/events/community-conservation-summit-celebrating-100-years-town-forests-vt>

Cost: $15; $12 for members of the Association of Vermont Conservation
Commissions. (Includes lunch.)

For more information, an event agenda and to register please visit:
http://vtconservation.com/conservation_summit/

Questions? Email [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>

*Say Thanks for Your Town Forest*

*
Do you love Vermont Town Forests? Say Thanks
<http://www.vtcommunityforestry.org/discover/town-forests/centennial-celebration/thank-you-notes>!*

In this centennial year of town forests, join us in a letter writing
campaign
<http://www.vtcommunityforestry.org/discover/town-forests/centennial-celebration/thank-you-notes>
to recognize the people, places and personal experiences that make
Vermont's town forests an important part of local communities.

Share your message of appreciation with us and we'll pass it along to
those who need to hear it!  Here is what we need from you:

  * *Write a thank you note
    <http://www.vtcommunityforestry.org/discover/town-forests/centennial-celebration/thank-you-notes>*It
    is so easy! Just use our online template
    <http://www.vtcommunityforestry.org/node/3831> and fill in the
    blanks or write your own thank you note
  * *Share this campaign*! Challenge your friends and neighbors- use the
    hash tag #TownForestTYand ask them to write a thank you note
    <http://www.vtcommunityforestry.org/node/3831>, too!

Deadline for submitting notes has been extended to November 4th!

*/Be a part of a campaign to celebrate all the ways we appreciate
Vermont town forests and the people who make them possible!/*

*Town Forest Social Media Campaign Launches Next Week*

Over the next month, we will be hitting social media to encourage
Vermonters to discover town forests and share the ways town forests make
our communities a better place to live, work and play!

Find us on Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/vtucf> and follow us on
twitter <https://twitter.com/VTUrbanForestry> @VTUrbanForestry!  Help us
spread the word about these hidden community treasures!