Dear Municipal Officials,

As Vermont’s Town Forest Centennial year winds down, our fall programs are ramping up!  Below please find 3 ways communities can still participate in the town forest centennial celebration. Please forward this email to anyone in your community who might be interested For more information on Vermont's Town Forest Centennial Celebration go to: http://go.uvm/100yearstownforests!

Enjoy the foliage!

Kate Forrer

Community Conservation Summit- Celebrating 100 years of Vermont Town Forests- Register Now

Join us Saturday, November 7, 2015 at Vermont Technical College, Randolph Center for a day-long educational and networking event for community volunteers engaged in planning and caring for natural resources and town forests.  We will be celebrating the milestone year for Vermont’s town forests, sharing stories and gaining new skills in resource and people management, as well as exploring emerging issues. Join us as we share experiences and ideas on the many issues communities face in managing natural resource assets, from town forests to town plans!

Registration Information: This event is open to everyone. Pre-registration is encouraged. Register NOW

Cost: $15; $12 for members of the Association of Vermont Conservation Commissions. (Includes lunch.)

For more information, an event agenda and to register please visit:
http://vtconservation.com/conservation_summit/

Questions? Email [log in to unmask]

Say Thanks for Your Town Forest

Do you love Vermont Town Forests?  Say Thanks!

In this centennial year of town forests, join us in a letter writing campaign to recognize the people, places and personal experiences that make Vermont's town forests an important part of local communities.

Share your message of appreciation with us and we'll pass it along to those who need to hear it!  Here is what we need from you:

Deadline for submitting notes has been extended to November 4th!

Be a part of a campaign to celebrate all the ways we appreciate Vermont town forests and the people who make them possible!

Town Forest Social Media Campaign Launches Next Week

Over the next month, we will be hitting social media to encourage Vermonters to discover town forests and share the ways town forests make our communities a better place to live, work and play!

Find us on Facebook and follow us on twitter @VTUrbanForestry!  Help us spread the word about these hidden community treasures!