Use the beta version of chrome instead of the stable. Beta updates every
week to make sure any bugs are taken care of. Stable isn't updated until
beta has worked out all the kinks. So if there is something up with stable,
they won't fix it right away. Best bet is to use beta.
To verify that it is a chrome thing, try a different browser. If you are
using a chromebook, use crouton to run linux within a browser tab to test
out other browsers.
There are all kinds of how-to's out there.
you could have a look here
<http://www.howtogeek.com/208368/how-to-run-a-full-linux-desktop-in-a-browser-tab-on-your-chromebook/>

I've run into chrome acting weird on a mac. These are the three steps I've
had good luck with when anything on a mac is running strange...
1) open a terminal
2) type this command
sudo periodic daily weekly monthly

then for good measure I'll usually run these
cd ~/Library/Logs
sudo rm -rf ~/Library/Logs/*

That clears all the logs from all apps. Stuff that takes up space and hogs
resources.
3) restart