Print

Print


The conversation for us is TVs versus SmartBoards.  Right now we are only
looking at TVs in conference spaces or places where structural or other
issues preclude a SmartBoard/projector combo (we have a couple of rooms
with shaky ceilings).  We shuffle teachers around in rooms every summer,
so building an infrastructure into the classroom to meet the
needs/preferences of one person ends up costing us a lot of man-hours down
the road when they eventually move and want the items to follow them, or
the person inheriting the room wants something different.  We  have enough
faculty who really like their SmartBoard touch features that switching to
TVs would make them unhappy.  
The other consideration is use of the space.  If a teacher puts
instructions for an activity up on the projector and there are groups
working all over the room, the projected image is large enough to be read
easily from every corner.  Can't always say the same for a TV.

Melissa Hayden-Raley
Technology Supervisor
Milton Town School District
802-893-5460
http://helpdesk.mtsd-vt.org

School Information Technology Discussion <[log in to unmask]> writes:
>Epson has proved reliable for me. 
>
>
>Along with projector recommendation.. I'm wondering if folks might also
>chime in on the criteria where you are selecting a large screen LCD over
>a projector?  
>
>
>Price drops  seem to make this optimal in some spaces.
>
>
>Lucie
>
>
>
>
>
>On Tue, Oct 6, 2015 at 11:59 AM, David McClellan <[
>mailto:[log in to unmask] ][log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
>
>
>I'll "third" the Epson recommendation. They're a bit pricey, but as
>mentioned, bulb replacements are cheap and easy, very very easy. Takes me
>less than 5 minutes to swap a bulb. 
>
>
>Great experience with support as well. Sometimes they've even
>fixed/replaced a projector out of warranty. 
>
>On Tue, Oct 6, 2015 at 11:56 AM, Rusty Mason <[ mailto:[log in to unmask]
>][log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
>
>Definitely Epson. 
>
>On Tue, Oct 6, 2015 at 10:59 AM, Melissa Hayden-Raley <[
>mailto:[log in to unmask] ][log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
>Epsons are my favorite, but they're not always cheap when you're talking
>short-throw.  Regular short throws run around $800 without mounting arm
>($200).  Ultra short throws start around $1100.
>
>On the other hand, bulbs are only like $125.
>
>Melissa Hayden-Raley
>Technology Supervisor
>Milton Town School District
>[ tel:802-893-5460 ]802-893-5460
>[ http://helpdesk.mtsd-vt.org ]http://helpdesk.mtsd-vt.org
>
>School Information Technology Discussion <[ mailto:[log in to unmask]
>][log in to unmask]> writes:
>>Hi all,
>>I am wondering if anyone has a favorite short-throw projector for daily
>>classroom use. I'm going to need to replace at least one immediately, but
>>probably more in the next few years. Looking especially for good color
>>and video quality, but not too expensive. 
>>
>>
>>Thanks in advance. 
>>
>>Rochelle Garfinkel, MLS
>>Librarian & Educational Technologist
>>
>>
>>Marlboro School
>>PO Box D
>>2669 Rte 9
>>Marlboro, VT 05344
>>phone [ tel:%28802%29%20254-2668 ](802) 254-2668
>>fax [ tel:%28802%29%20254-8768 ](802) 254-8768
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>-----------------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>>[ [ http://list.uvm.edu/archives/school-it.html
>]http://list.uvm.edu/archives/school-it.html ] Search  the SCHOOL-IT
>>Archive
>>
>>[ [ http://list.uvm.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=SCHOOL-IT&A=1
>]http://list.uvm.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=SCHOOL-IT&a=1 ] Manage your
>>Subscription to SCHOOL-IT
>>
>
>
>
>__________________________________________________________________
>CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is
>for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential
>and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or
>distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please
>contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy/delete all copies of the
>original message.
>
>
>
>
>-----------------------------------------------------------------------
>[ http://list.uvm.edu/archives/school-it.html ] Search  the SCHOOL-IT
>Archive
>
>[ http://list.uvm.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=SCHOOL-IT&A=1 ] Manage your
>Subscription to SCHOOL-IT
>
>
>
>
>
>
>-- 
>David McClellan
>Technology Support Specialist
>Chittenden East Supervisory Union
>Mobile: [ tel:%28802%29%20458%20-%207327 ](802) 458 - 7327
>Backup Mobile: [ tel:%28802%29%20448%20-%200329 ](802) 448 - 0329
>
>
>
>This e-mail may contain information protected under the Family
>Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). If this e-mail contains
>student information and you are not entitled to access such information
>under FERPA, please notify the sender. Federal regulations require that
>you destroy this e-mail without reviewing it and you may not forward it
>to anyone. 
> 
>
>
>This e-mail may contain information protected under the Family
>Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). If this e-mail contains
>student information and you are not entitled to access such information
>under FERPA, please notify the sender. Federal regulations require that
>you destroy this e-mail without reviewing it and you may not forward it
>to anyone. 
>
>
>-----------------------------------------------------------------------
>[ http://list.uvm.edu/archives/school-it.html ] Search  the SCHOOL-IT
>Archive
>[ http://list.uvm.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=SCHOOL-IT&A=1 ] Manage your
>Subscription to SCHOOL-IT
>
>
>
>
>
>
>-- 
>Lucie deLaBruere
>[ http://www.LearningWithLucie.com ]www.LearningWithLucie.com
>[ http://twitter.com/techsavvygirl ]http://twitter.com/techsavvygirl
>
>
>Google Voice (802) 557 0013
>
>[ mailto:[log in to unmask] ][log in to unmask]
>
>--------------------------------------
>Nothing is really work unless you would rather be doing something else.
>  - James M. Barrie
>---------------------------------------
>Google Certified Educator / Google for Education Certified Trainer
>[Image][Image]
>
>
>
>-----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>[ http://list.uvm.edu/archives/school-it.html ] Search  the SCHOOL-IT
>Archive
>
>[ http://list.uvm.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=SCHOOL-IT&A=1 ] Manage your
>Subscription to SCHOOL-IT
>



__________________________________________________________________
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is
for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential
and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or
distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please
contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy/delete all copies of the
original message.