Hello all:

I appreciate you pointing this out here Jeffrey.

I want to just make a quick statement as we start to move into our preparation for this next round of SBAC.

These kinds of discoveries are fine in terms of being informative to this community, etc.  That is good.. sharing of information, etc. etc.

What I would MOST appreciate here is that you perhaps send this kind of info on to me here at the AOE before you post to this list.  That way I can send it up the chain and we can get a state level response from AIR.   iOS9 is fairly recent and AIR is aware of the issue and the need to address the update for SBAC.   They do have some time before the window opens in March.

What I fear is that from this list a “rumor” begins that iPads are not supported.   Please make sure that rumor is not starting at your school.

Let’s give AIR the benefit of the doubt so far.. that they will address the issue and solve it for our assessment window.

We can assure you we are working hard to have your back as we move down the road on this.. As you know the assessment “counts” this year and we will do our best to make sure that AIR provides you the support you need as we go to Spring Assessments.

Thanks for being thoughtful in posts on this “hot button” topic.

Peter

Peter Drescher

Education Technology Coordinator

Vermont Agency of Education

Transformation and Innovation Division

219 N. Main St. Suite 402,

Barre VT 05641

Ph.: 802.479.1169

My EMAIL ADDRESS HAS CHANGED—The NEW ADDRESS IS: [log in to unmask]

Twitter: VTED_Technology