Thanks for the link Kim, here are the pertinent sections (I cut out the why on the change, the link has it) and also no rosters as Steve J mentioned ...

... I want to alert you to a change in the process for preparing TIDE, and the reasons behind the change. As you may recall, last year the AOE pre-loaded student information into TIDE from your fall census submissions and then asked you make edits for new enrollies and/or students who left your district since the census data was gathered. ... it will be necessary for districts to enter their own student data into TIDE.

... you may also want to create student rosters for classroom teachers, which is done by selecting the “roster” tab in TIDE. This will make it possible for classroom teachers to pull up results for their students in the Online Reporting System ...