I just replaced several aging projectors with 60" TV,s with a chromecast connected to them.   Cheaper than a short-through projector, and while the size is smaller than what you can do with a projector, because it is backlit I personally think you can see it better.   So far everything has been positive.     We do lose the SMART touchscreen support, which most were not using anyways.

Bjorn Behrendt M.Ed ~ Never Stop Learning