Bill Johnson, Portland, WA

Rick, it is not "my list" it is hosted graciously by the University of
Vermont.  Steve is the "major domo" and I believe he does not see it as
"his" list either.  As for me, your apology is not and cannot be accepted.
You wrote;"but since Phil brought it up and Terry jumped in I just wanted
to add my two cents from what I had read years ago and know that
advertising was not something encouraged in this list."  Yes it is true
that blatant advertising was never "encouraged", but what was vehemently
discouraged was, as Terry wrote; "I recall it was a vendor unscrupously
posing as a technologist pedaling his product."  Unfortunately some vendors
do not comply with the standards of this forum.  I suppose since no one
ever wrote those standards down, it is our collective fault?  We culpa?  I
would advise caution when "jumping-in" or do as I say, not as I do?

I think if I must wait another 20 years for you to or anyone to stir this
pot, it and I will boil over.

Terry, "Different from a vendor educating us about some new technology or
software that may improve our laboratories efficicency." (SIC) But Jeanette
clearly indicated her affiliation and still you jumped in?

Bill Schroedter. sorry for calling you the "other Bill" for all these
years.  I do think your wisdom, " Let’s just lighten up a bit." is as usual
sound.  Me, I suppose often take things much to seriously.  But, even
though retired, my passion for this profession has not dimmed.

Please, all you on this list, keep on stirring the pot.  We are
collectively facing a crisis, as usual, not of our own making, but again as
usual, affects our collective livelihood and our collective ability to give
our patients our best care.

Nicole, I do believe this is an LOL situation, but I also think we should
not "lighten up" even a bit.  But then again I often take myself too
seriously.  I apologize to all, no offense ever intended, but I know
offense may be taken.  I am ready to duck those bricks.

I only hope some of my words and most of my deeds give me some credence
here.  Yes Nicole, we can move on, but without discussion, where will we go?