From: UVM Flownet [mailto:[log in to unmask]');" target="_blank">[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Bill Johnson
Sent: Tuesday, October 06, 2015 3:01 PM
To: [log in to unmask]');" target="_blank">[log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: ICD-10 - SVU/SVS Coding Advisor Software

Bill Johnson, Portland, WA

Rick, it is not "my list" it is hosted graciously by the University of Vermont.  Steve is the "major domo" and I believe he does not see it as "his" list either.  As for me, your apology is not and cannot be accepted.  You wrote;"but since Phil brought it up and Terry jumped in I just wanted to add my two cents from what I had read years ago and know that advertising was not something encouraged in this list."  Yes it is true that blatant advertising was never "encouraged", but what was vehemently discouraged was, as Terry wrote; "I recall it was a vendor unscrupously posing as a technologist pedaling his product."  Unfortunately some vendors do not comply with the standards of this forum.  I suppose since no one ever wrote those standards down, it is our collective fault?  We culpa?  I would advise caution when "jumping-in" or do as I say, not as I do?

I think if I must wait another 20 years for you to or anyone to stir this pot, it and I will boil over.

Terry, "Different from a vendor educating us about some new technology or software that may improve our laboratories efficicency." (SIC) But Jeanette clearly indicated her affiliation and still you jumped in?

Bill Schroedter. sorry for calling you the "other Bill" for all these years.  I do think your wisdom, " Let’s just lighten up a bit." is as usual sound.  Me, I suppose often take things much to seriously.  But, even though retired, my passion for this profession has not dimmed.

Please, all you on this list, keep on stirring the pot.  We are collectively facing a crisis, as usual, not of our own making, but again as usual, affects our collective livelihood and our collective ability to give our patients our best care.

Nicole, I do believe this is an LOL situation, but I also think we should not "lighten up" even a bit.  But then again I often take myself too seriously.  I apologize to all, no offense ever intended, but I know offense may be taken.  I am ready to duck those bricks.

I only hope some of my words and most of my deeds give me some credence here.  Yes Nicole, we can move on, but without discussion, where will we go?