Just a a reminder that the DCWMA maintains a recorded phone message that is updated periodically and reports the number of Snow Geese on the premises, The number is 802-759-2398. I believe that the counts are performed by VT F&W personnel and are independent of VT eBird reports. When I checked yesterday the message said that there were 400 Snow Geese at Dead Creek.

Bruce MacPherson
South Burlington

-----Original Message-----
From: Kent McFarland <[log in to unmask]>
To: VTBIRD <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Sun, Oct 18, 2015 8:09 pm
Subject: Re: [VTBIRD] DCWMA

The Vermont eBird hotspot viewer is a great tool to see what others
see.
http://ebird.org/ebird/vt/hotspots.
For example, here is one of the Dead
Creek hotspots found using the
tool:
http://ebird.org/ebird/vt/hotspot/L788246?m=10&yr=cur&changeDate=Set
Someone
had 300 there.
Or, you can use the species map and search for Snow Goose and
this month
and zoom into Dead
Creek.
http://ebird.org/ebird/vt/map/snogoo?neg=true&env.minX=&env.minY=&env.maxX=&env.maxY=&zh=false&gp=false&ev=Z&mr=1-12&bmo=1&emo=12&yr=all&byr=1900&eyr=2015

Cool
tools on Vermont eBird to help plan birding
trips!

Kent

____________________________

Kent McFarland
Vermont Center
for Ecostudies
PO Box 420 | Norwich, Vermont 05055
802.649.1431
x2

<http://vtecostudies.org/>

On Sun, Oct 18, 2015 at 7:34 PM, Sue
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Can someone advise me as to the snow goose
sightings?