I just watched (2:15pm) an adult Golden Eagle as it slowly drifted south over Stowe, at the Community Gardens on the Mayo Farm.
It was fairly low and spent a lot of time circling, even flapping occasionally, especially when a crow came in to harass it.
Finally it headed south out of sight.
With such a great look at it I noticed that it had an odd profile, especially when it was facing me head on in a glide.  There seemed to be an extra “little head” above the golden maned one.   Almost like a blackbird was hitching a ride!  But I could zoom in enough as the bird got closer to see that it was square shaped, and could only be a transmitter of some sort.

I would love to find out if anyone on the list knows who I could report this too.

So here’s to looking up, and carefully.  You never know what wonders await us.

Liz Lackey
Stowe, VT