I stopped at the Fox Stand today for a mid-day peek, not expecting to see much given the breeze, tall weeds, and time of day. I did not see much, but I DID find a Dickcissel. Just some brief looks It was the only bird really willing to brave the breeze and hold onto the tops of the weeds. The other sparrows just dove right in. The Dickcissel was near the western edge of the weed patch, about halfway between the road and the mound of silt with trees starting to grow in it. All the birds in this field tend to be very mobile and difficult to watch. Ed Hack arrived soon after but we were unable to relocate it.

I posted a documentation shot on eBird: http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist?subID=S25446914

Kyle Jones