On September 22 Martha Pfeiffer and I reported sighting a red phalarope on a strip of vegetation on Lake Champlain looking out from McCuen Slang. We were questioned about it even though we had observed the bird for over 40 minutes and felt it definitely was a red phalarope. We were told it probably couldn't be a red Phalarope. Because of all the recent sighting we feel this maybe the same bird. What should we do about the ebird data we entered? We were told to just add a generic Phalarope sighting. Since there have been other confirmed sightings I think we should be able to clarify our data to reflect we saw a red phalarope. Thanks for the input.
Barbara Powers
Manchester Center