Going through our renewal contract for a MAJOR online database and
e-journal collection that we have had for years and years. And YEARS.
Vendor has changed the language regarding who are authorized users,
including only "employees."  Our attorney responded by adding "physicians
on the medical staff" (who are not employees).  Vendor lined that out and
would not include them.  So they are effectively saying that our physicians
are not permitted to use the system.  THIS IS CRAZY.  Has anyone else run
into this?? (They are also insisting on the "print-only" ILL provision,
which also makes me nuts, but I'm not going to die on that hill.)

As they say... WTF??

--
Julie Stielstra, MLS
Manager, Libraries of Cadence Health

"A good day is when nobody shows up and you don't have to go anywhere." -
Burt Shavitz