The world we have is the one we give ourselves!

-----Original Message-----
From: Medical Libraries Discussion List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Paul Tremblay
Sent: Friday, October 02, 2015 1:21 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Closing of Canadian libraries

I'm Canadian, living in New York City. I heard and read reports on PM Harper and his (very) conservative legacy, competing with red states here in US in terms of conservative policies. As per the closures of Canadian libraries (and other institutions, BTW), one commentator said it right: it will not harm them this year, or next, but in 10-20 years from now. Too late then...

On Fri, Oct 2, 2015 at 12:15 PM, Auburn Steward <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I ran across this article on one of my news feeds and discovered it is
> the last in a series about the "war on data" and Canadian libraries.
>
> Feds penny-pinched on science libraries while lavishing funds on
> religion and oil
>
> http://www.nationalobserver.com/2015/10/01/news/feds-penny-pinched-sci
> ence-libraries-while-lavishing-funds-religion-and-oil
>

> Here is a link to the main page with all of the related articles:
>
> Special Report
> Harper's War on Data
> Impacts of destruction of data under Conservative government
> http://www.nationalobserver.com/special-reports/harpers-war-data
>
> Some of the other articles titles from the link above that might be of
> interest-
>
> Exclusive: Inside the Harper government's trashing of a research library.
> The inside story on how one federal library's journals and documents
> ended up in a dumpster.
>
> Public service union helped save library's documents from the dumpster.
> The Stephen Harper government shut down another research centre
> library, throwing reports, journals and other documents into a dumpster.
>

> Auburn Steward, MLIS, AHIP
> Center for Toxicology & Environmental Health Library
> 5120 North Shore Drive
> North Little Rock, AR 72118
> 501-801-8614
> 501-801-8615 (fax)

Majorem fidem homine s adhibent iis quæ non intelligunt Montaigne (Livre 3, Chapitre 11)

...you can't fight in here, this is a war room..."
President in Dr. Strangelove

He seldom talked, and when he did, it was usually to make some cynical remark - for instance, he would say that God had given him a tail to keep the flies o ff, but that he would sooner have had no tail and no flies.
in *Animal Farm*, by George Orwell