Hello Everyone:
                Over the past ten years we have seen several local (Kansas City, MO) hospitals close their medical libraries. Discussions of this trend cover the topics of funding, change in requirements of the Joint Commission, electronic access to resources, the misperception that all needed information is available, for free, on the internet, etc. These  discussions continue but, what I would like to know is: just how many medical libraries have closed in the last ten years or twenty years. I would like to know regional and national totals.  I know that MLA provides a form for librarians to report when their library is slated to close down but I never have seen a report come out of that information. Can anyone tell me how libraries have closed?

Thank you,

Marie Thompson

Marie Thompson
Dental Librarian