Hey all,
I was doing some more research to think of other ways to effectively treat the grey-water when I came across this document "Greywater Management in Low and Middle-Income Countries" by the Department of Water and Sanitation in Developing Countries (attached). It has some excellent definitions and guidelines for grey water characteristics as well as low-cost management and treatment options (with schematics and guidelines) for grease traps, constructed wetlands, anaerobic baffles, etc. There is also a section on re-use in irrigation specifically with relative salt tolerances for agricultural crops too. There is also a number of case studies that are extremely well documented.

I highly recommend everyone takes a look at this, especially all of the project leaders. The main report is 40 pages with then 50 pages of case studies so put down your Fifty Shades of Grey book this weekend and pick this GreyWater document instead.

I had never seen this report before even though it was a report from 2006, which shows that there is still a lot for all of us to learn even though this project has been going for 2 years now. I encourage all of the officers and younger members to continue in our efforts and challenge each others opinions and knowledge to make sure we really come up with best design possible. Have a great weekend!

Cheers,

Baxter Miatke

University of Vermont
M.S. Environmental Engineering '16