Guildhall votes and hold Town Meeting in the same place

George Blakeslee
Guildhall Town Clerk/Treasurer

On Mon, Nov 16, 2015 at 11:16 AM, Alberta Miller <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Morning everyone:

Secretary Condos suggested that I send out an email to see if some of you could give me some guidance on an issue we are facing for Town Meeting this year. We have for about 10 years now held Town Meeting and Voting at the Elementary School. However we have a Select Board member that is pushing to move Town Meeting back to the Town House. Needless to say there I have a list of reasons that I am not in favor of that, but I may be over ridden on the meeting portion by the board. So I am looking for some information on how other Towns deal with some issues I may be faced with.

1. How many Towns out there hold Town Meeting and Voting in separate locations?

2. How does the Town Clerk handle taking minutes at the floor portion of the meeting while voting is in another location?

3. How do your voters respond to holding Town Meeting in a separate location from voting? Any issues?

Any other general information that you could give me would be appreciated.

Sincerely,

Alberta Miller
Clerk & Treasurer
Town of Hardwick, Vermont

Effective February 15, 2012 the old email address of [log in to unmask] will no longer be operational please update your records to reflect my new address of [log in to unmask]. Thank you.